Monday, October 13, 2008

Choosing a sewing machine - what a pfaff!

For those following *my first project* in the world of crafting, I have finally found the material to make tipi v1.0 - sewing it together is the current problem. As my lovely Mac didn't come with any USB stitching equipment, it was back to square one here. Forays around my parent's house turned up a few beauties though, a Singer and a Pfaff machine which could be useful.



These all look bomb proof and so sturdy, they were probably used to sew houses together in the 1820's or something. At least I won't have to buy a new one as it looks like quite a complicated mess really, according to John Lewis, but Argos seem to be selling loads these days.

They both seem to have quite solid needles and also lots of room to pull material through, which is probably handy when you have god knows how many sheets of cotton to sew together. As soon as I get to try either of them out, after a quick bit of guidance, I will let you know how I get on and post up some pictures of what I can get out of these retro lovelies.


No comments: